Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Pantone Colour of the Year - 2016

I love colour! .... Just ask Maria, she'll tell you, my home has patterns and colours everywhere, but now I'm going for a softer look with our renovations.  One still that has colour but is more manageable if and when I change things around. I'm also looking at a wider field for inspiration, and not just sticking with my usual magazine obsession.

So with this, I can happily say that the Pantone colours of 2016 are so perfect for me.  Each year Pantone put out their colour for the year coming, this year they've actually picked two colours Rose Quartz (pantone 12-1520) and Serenity (Pantone 15-3919) 

I believe a lot of the reasoning behind these colours is how our society is seeking a more mindful approach to our stressful everyday life.  You only need to walk into any book shop, and you'll find stacks of books on mindfulness and well being.  Colouring books too are the top seller, and again, this is due to our approach to find a more creative and calming lifestyle. 

Both these colours combine the warmth from the rose and the tranquility from the blue, which makes for a relaxing home life. 

This colour board will help add other colours into our home, for those that don't want to live in a pastel haven. 

I also thought it would be a good idea, to see what I have in my home that I can put together to create this colour combination, without buying too much more ... I just don't see hubby going for a Rose Quartz sofa, as much as I'm lusting after one.  I don't see it being bear proof either.  So I'll be sharing with you in future posts how I'm using this colour combination.  Its hasn't gone unnoticed that the blue of the aga I'm getting, is this years colour! ... I'm so on trend lol.
We've created a Pinterest board, and would love to know what you think of these colours .... I must admit, they make my heart sing.




Sandra xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours, anything Cath Kidston would go beautifully with those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb this is probably why I'm drawn to them x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty colours. I look forward to seeing how things progress.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such pretty & calming colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.