Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Dresser Makeover

I've shared with you in previous posts, how I painted our kitchen ... what I haven't shown you, is the finished article.

So I thought I'd start with my absolutely favourite thing in the kitchen ... ok, second favourite thing. The Aga, has to be my number one ... but this is a close second.
I've always loved the country farmhouse look, and of course a dresser is a must, but I couldn't find one that was big enough, to fill the space that our old kitchen unit filled. 

So hubby decided that he could change the look of the original one and he sure did manage that. 

Here is a little show and tell of the process; 
All parts that could be removed for painting were, so that tongue and groove panelling could be added.
 

 Painting was easier like this
 
 A new worktop was fitted.
 And new shelves and handles
All that was left was to fill.  

I chose to paint it in a different colour to the rest of the kitchen, as I think its a stand alone piece. This is painted in Farrow & Ball, Skylight.  The worktop was from an online store called Worktop Express and the handles, again online, from a store called Handles4homes

I'm having endless fun rearranging the shelves, but isn't that half the joy. 

I hope the week is being kind to you, chat soon
Sandra 
xxx



6 comments:

  1. OH MY - that dresser looks fantastic. Like you, I like the look of a farm kitchen with all the modern materials. Your husband did any awesome job. May I borrow him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for your hubby, that looks fabulous. The tongue and groove really kicks it up a notch. I would love to have all that display room and storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its the tongue and groove that really does transform it. I keep smiling when I look at it lol

      Delete
  3. It looks wonderful Sandra. Both you & Simon worked very hard and the result is worth all the effort.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toni, part of me still can't believe how well it did turn out lol

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.